Thursday, April 24, 2014

Uncle Zach and Aunt Carissa

So I am several weeks behind on this post, but I wanted to share our special time that we had with my brother, Zach, and sister-in-law, Carissa.  We had the privilege of having them come visit us in March. Zach was here for almost a whole week so we got lots of time to show him around the city.  And when I say city I mean different parks, playgrounds and libraries, because that is just what we do around here :)
This was the first time they met Camden, and they sure were surprised by his chunkiness.  They also got some quality time with Parker.  Parker just loves having family in town.  He has so much fun playing with them and showing them all the fun things we do. 
We also did a few new things around Charlotte that we had never done before.  This is a park we had never visited and we are so glad we did!  I think it's so funny how every time people come into town we find something new to do that we didn't know about before.  I guess we often take advantage of living in a city and don't use it to its full potential. 

Once Aunt Carissa got here we took them to uptown (our downtown) to 7th Street Market.  Seriously, best latte ever.  We of course had no problem finishing ours off, and even scraped the mugs clean with the little spoons they gave us.  At least we didn't have to lick the mugs, right Riss? ;)   I just love this picture of them... The way that Parker is looking at Aunt Carissa just warms my heart. I think he's in love.

We ended the week with a service project at church.  We love taking our friends and family to experience the way God is moving through Elevation and some of things that we get to be a part of.


They ended their trip at our place on my birthday, which was such a special treat for me.  Philip also had many surprises planned for me that day, including a childless night out to a delicious dinner at Ruth's Chris. (A first time visit for him) and continuous videos from people that I love throughout the day.  Thanks to all that participated, and a special shout out to Philip who organized it all.  


We love visitors and welcome you to come see us :)  There are always new places to explore in this beautiful city.  Have a great rest of your week and happy late Easter.  

With Love, From Charlotte

No comments:

Post a Comment