Friday, May 30, 2014

Camden's First Road Trip

A couple weeks ago, Camden and I embarked upon our first road trip together.  It was just the two of us, Parker stayed at home with Daddy.  My mom and her sisters and their mom try to get together once a year for a girls' only weekend.  Basically what this means is lots of eating, shopping and giggling, and that's exactly what we did!

Camden and I left on a Friday morning, and drove about 8 hours to Pittsburg, Pennsylvania.  He was so good in the car.  There were times that he was being so quiet I almost forgot he was in the car with me!

The night we got there we had a delicious dinner, and unfortunately my Aunt Jo experienced her first gall bladder attack.  The picture below is her attempt to alleviate some of the pain.  Even with the painful start to the weekend she made the best of it, and was able to enjoy the rest of the time together.

 On Saturday morning we woke up and headed out for a long day of shopping and eating.  We went to a very cool market where we could each choose what type of delicious food we wanted.  We also went to a matinee movie, Mom's Night Out.  Such a wonderful movie that all of us could relate to and enjoy together.

That night we went to a hibachi restaurant.  We thoroughly  enjoyed watching him chop, flip and serve us our small portions mounds of food.


 On Sunday, instead of sticking around in Pittsburg we went back to Berlin which is where all of my Aunts and Grandma live.  I got to see the rest of my cousins, Aunts, and Uncles.   None of them had met Camden yet, so it was a lot of fun being able to show this little man off.


He was such a wonderful travel companion.  I know that it was supposed to be a girls only weekend, but I don't think anyone could say no to this little cutie.  

Meanwhile, back at home my other two boys had a crazy busy, but fun weekend. It consisted of hitting up some yard sales to find some extra special treasures, long naps, McDonalds, movies, Chik-Fila, and of course, church. Parker even went up on stage with Daddy during run through. I think it was quite the experience for both of them :)


Overall, it was a wonderful weekend had by all.  I so enjoy hanging out with my mom, aunts and Grandma.  They are so silly and so fun to be around.  I am always guaranteed a good laugh and fond memories when it comes to these women.  Thank you for investing in my family and loving on my boys!  

I had to throw in one last little video of the weekend.  It is just a good example of the guaranteed laugh when in their presence.  We somehow locked ourselves in the car while the alarm went off... Not too sure how it happened, but I did capture the ridiculous moment on video :) Enjoy!



Have a great weekend and Happy Friday!

With Love, From Charlotte

No comments:

Post a Comment