Saturday, August 24, 2013

Out and About

As we are getting used to the city of Charlotte, Parker and I have been trying to scope out what to do each day.  Not only is that a task in itself, but we have the rain to contend with so it has to be something inside!  Apparently this amount of rain is not normal for Charlotte at this time of year, but last week we had 4 straight days of rain, and well this desert rat isn't used to that.


Day 4 of rain...
So in order to keep our sanity we found a few gems around town to entertain the little man.  Our first stop, the library!  I'm a big fan of libraries for a few reasons: 1. They are free!  Need I say more?  2.There is always something to do. Even if a story time or activity isn't happening, at least there are books to read, puzzles to do, and computers with games.  3. It's inside.  Rain or shine it's a great way to get out of the house. 4. Despite the fact that it's a library, I don't feel like Parker has to be the perfect kid.  Desperate tired moms bring their kids here just like me, and I don't have to feel like Parker can't make noise and have fun!


While at the library I met another mom and her two daughters.  I asked her what she did with her kids on rainy days, and I got a great list from her.  Plus we both attended the Circus day at the mall the next day so I got to talk with her and ended up getting her information.  Mini rabbit trail alert! Which I then washed doing laundry later, so I have been praying that I'll see her at the library this next week.   Don't you hate when you do something like that? I mean it was the first person/friend that I made outside of church and I just washed away her number ughh, lame! Anyways....

The next day, as I said earlier, we went to the mall.  A couple times a month they have what they call family fun day, and they bring in different small acts or shows for the family.  (Also free) This one happened to be circus themed with a 45 minute comedy/interactive show for the kids.  


Parker enjoyed it, but got scared if he was too close, so I had to keep my distance.

Of course, my fall back, go to, always reliable entertainment on a rainy day is a cup o' joe and a nice stroll through the beloved Target.  I know you moms out there reading this are saying' "uh huh" and "preach it sista!".  There is nothing like pushing a cart up and down each aisle with no intention of buying a thing, (but always ending up with something) and enjoying pointing things out and talking with your kid.  I am embarrassed to say that "Target" is now a part of Parker's vocabulary, no judging!


On this particular trip to Target we got Parker his first pack of Big Boy underwear. (Cars themed)  Which he then proceeded to try on every single pair in the cart, at the store, before purchasing. More on potty training adventures to come in a later post.  Pray for me, we start Monday! 
 
We survived our first rainy week and I've now got a list of things to do!  We are loving making this home, but of course miss you all. Have a great weekend and give God the worship he deserves.  

With Love, From Charlotte

     

No comments:

Post a Comment