Saturday, August 31, 2013

Pink or Blue, Which Team Are You??

Well, this last week has been one of many excitements!  Not only is Parker officially potty trained, (way to go buddy!) but we also know what we are expecting in December.  

When we found out when I was pregnant with Parker, Philip and I both knew when we left the ultra sound.  We then told our friends and family by throwing a gender reveal party and had everyone take a bite into their own cupcake at the same time.  They found blue frosting in the middle to indicate that we were having a boy.  This time we decided to mix it up a little bit.  

A very sweet couple in the prodigy program (Stephanie and Skyler) offered to host a party for us!  They live in an awesome apartment in Uptown Charlotte. (Which is actually Charlotte's downtown area... don't ask me why it's called uptown, I don't understand either) The guys in the prodigy program decided they wanted to do a fantasy football league, (which Philip reluctantly agreed to, he's worried he'll get sucked in, which is why he's never done it before) and Stephanie thought this would be a good way to get together and do both the draft and gender reveal.  We thought it was a great idea, and decided to wait til the actual party to find out the gender with everyone else! 

We had the ultrasound done on Monday and got to see the beautiful profile and 3D face of the little bun.    

                        

Adorable, Right?

Then I found a stranger in the doctor's office to look in our sealed envelope with the baby's gender, and text our baker what we are having!  I didn't look in that envelope all week!  It started out on the kitchen counter, but then I had to hide it from myself so I didn't get tempted. I swear that thing was calling out to me to open it.  It took a lot of self control not to rip that thing open and find out, but I'm so glad we waited!

Friday night finally rolled around, we were all gathered around this adorable cake, and Stephanie had passed out buttons so everyone knew what team they were rooting for.  I was team pink, Philip was team blue.
BTW, if you are dying of suspense, you can just scroll down the page.
I won't be mad :)

                     

22 Weeks Pregnant, and Philip is supporting me as usual!


We had about 12 people around us with their camera phones pulled out, some were shooting pictures while others recorded.  Philip had a bit of a difficult time cutting the cake so I had to help him out a bit, but in the end after we finally cut a piece we found out that we are having a.....



Baby Boy!!
That's right, Parker will be getting a little playmate in December. He had no idea what was going on, other than the fact that he got to eat some delicious cake.  He couldn't figure out what everyone was looking at us for and why everyone was being so noisy.  I don't think he cared much once he got some cake though!
YUMM!
It was a great night, filled with great new friends.  The draft was drafted, the cake was eaten, and our questions were answered. I'd say it was a fun night for everyone.


With Love, From Charlotte.

No comments:

Post a Comment