Sunday, November 24, 2013

52 Days of Thanks and Praise

With the wonderful holiday of Thanksgiving approaching ever so quickly, I thought I might just share a few things that are going on in our lives, and the things that we are learning as we are a part of Elevation here in Charlotte.  Pastor Steven has challenged and encouraged us as a church body to spend the last 52 days of the year saying and showing our thanks to God. He has even given us cards with wonderful praise prompts to start our day off in the right way! Here's a quick shot of one.



 It sounds easy enough, right? To be completely honest, it is an easy thing to do because of the many things that God has blessed us with.  Philip has done a really good job.  He has been very consistent with his praise prompts, and has been very intentional about showing and speaking his praise. I, on the other hand, have taken something that should be so easy and made it somehow difficult to accomplish.

At first I blamed it on the fact that I'm pregnant and I'm forgetful.  Some days I'm just too tired, other days, I was going to do it, but got distracted by Parker.  What I have realized is that is has nothing to do with any of those things.  I have chosen to not say and show my praise.  Not because I think it's a bad idea, or because I don't think I need to.  If there is anything that I have learned in the past few weeks it is that God is worthy of my praise, and there is no reason that should be holding me back from giving him praise even if and when I don't feel like it.

So, I am stepping up my game folks.  That's right, I am going to give God the glory, honor and praise that he deserves.  I am making it a priority to finish off the year by showing and saying my praise.  I want to be the type of person that finds the blessings in each situation.  That takes some practice on my end, and that is what I plan to do.

My Stud Muffin
As I go through my pictures on my phone I find it very easy to find things to thank God for.  I am so thankful to have a man of God as the head of my household.  Sometimes I can't believe that I get to be married to this guy.  He is so good at loving and cherishing me.  I am so grateful that each day he gets up and goes to work in order to lead us as a family in ministry, but also to provide for me and Parker.  He does all of this without complaining, and yet still finds time to treat me to a baby moon (a night out in Charlotte) before Camden gets here.  He also gets up in the middle of the night with Parker as this Pregnancy develops and my body is a little more reluctant to rolling (Yes, I am now having to roll) out of bed to comfort him or take him potty.  Plus, Philip is an incredible dad.  I always knew he would be, but I am getting teary eyed just thinking about how much he loves and cares for our son. He can get Parker giggling like no other person. :) It warms my heart.

My Little Monkey
That brings me to another person to be thankful for.  Parker, our firstborn son who has challenged me, taught me a love that is deeper than any other I have ever experienced, and proven to me that I can do much more and sleep much less than I ever thought possible. He is growing and developing into such a wonderful young boy, and I can't wait to see what kind of brother he is going to be, what kind of young man he will become, and one day the kind of husband and dad he will be to his own family.  Let's not talk about that too much though.  I'll be in tears before I can finish this post!    

      

                                                                                                            

My Bun in the Oven
I am so blessed to be able to be carrying this spunky little boy, Camden, with me wherever I go.  He is on the move most of the time, and even when he is still he seems to have a gentle reminder of his presence with hiccups.  God has given me fairly easy pregnancies, and as I am becoming uncomfortable in these last few weeks I try to remind myself that it is all for a very special creation that God has incredible plans for.  I am coming up on 35 weeks this Tuesday, which kind of blows my mind!  I can't believe this part is already coming to a close.  I am nervous and excited about the next step, but I can't wait to meet him.



My Church
I am so thankful that Philip and I have always been a part of a body that has invested in and cared for us.  We have been so blessed to come from a place like TMCC that took time to grow us, prepare us, and send us out.  We now get to see the fruit of that labor that was poured into us, through what we get to be a part of at Elevation.  They have also helped grow us in new and different ways, and what is exciting is that as Parker gets older we get to see the ways his life is being molded and transformed.  This is the craft that Parker brought home from church today.  It is simple, but as I read over it I realized how true these things are.  It reminded me of some things that I need to stop and thank God for throughout the week!

My Home Sweet Home
I'm going to end my post on this, not because I'm out of things to be thankful for, but because you might be are probably tired of reading :)  This is where I get to see so many of the things that I'm thankful for under one roof, on a daily basis.  It is often times, (more recently than usual) messy and noisy.  But that also means that learning and life is happening.  It is also where I get the honor and privilege of serving and caring for my family.  I know God has given me the opportunity to do that here, and I plan to do it to the best of my ability.  

My challenge to you would be to take this week, and even the rest of this year to give praise and thanks to our God and Savior.  If you would like to have access to the praise prompts we read each day, just go here to 52 Days of Thanks and Praise. He is worthy when we feel like it and when we don't!  Happy Sunday and enjoy a short work week!

With Love, From Charlotte.

No comments:

Post a Comment