Sunday, November 3, 2013

Such is life...

Can you believe it's November?  I have to say, I love this time of year, but it always goes by too quickly in my opinion.  There just isn't enough time to enjoy all this season has to offer.  We have been packing it full with things like moving, trick and trunk or treating, and of course birthdays.  

Last friday (9 days ago)  Philip and I moved from an apartment to a town home. We were able to find a nice little house to bring baby Camden to once he's born.  Now, I have moved many times in my 27 years.  In fact, I once counted, and before I went away to college my family moved 12 times.  Granted they were all in the same town and I never had to change schools or churches because of it, but all I'm saying is I've been there and done that whole, pack up the house, load the truck, clean both houses and unpack thing.  To be honest, I don't like doing it all that much. Anyone with me?  


Well, last Friday Philip and I woke up to the sounds of a crying Parker, I went in to check on him, and he told me his belly hurt.  Any of you experienced moms would've run to the bathroom to get over tile and or a toilet.  But not me, I thought my poor baby just needs me to hold and comfort him, he'll be ok. Warning, yucky story ahead!   About 30 seconds later I was covered in vomit, and so was my poor sweet Parker.  As I am yelling for Philip to come help, all I can think of is the fact that we have movers and friends coming to help us move in less than 2 hours.  Well, such is life right?  (I'm learning that more and more these days :)) Time to tough it up and get through it!  So we did.  Parker was miserable all day.  Not only was I no help at all, but I probably was more in the way than anything.  I am also sure that as Parker vomited in the middle of the living room as everyone was eating their pizza, that our non-parent friends were thrilled they decided to help us that day. Shout out to all of you that gave up your day off to come help us, we couldn't have done it without you.  Just thought I would help give you an idea about the joys of parenthood that you will hopefully one day experience. 


Anyways, we are in our new house.  It is a wreck, and I still don't have it all unpacked. Due to the fact that the next day, once Parker recovered from the flu, he went straight into a full fledged nasty cold which became an ear infection.  He is now doing well and has been on antibiotics, but it's been a not-do-much-other-than-survive kind of week.  Here are a couple of pics of the new place, like I said, nothing is done, but hey we are real here on this blog and this is just how it is :)



Even after the move and the terrible sicknesses, Parker pulled through and got to enjoy a few fun events this last week. We had an outreach event through Elevation to dress up and pass out candy at our cars for trunk or treating.  We had a fun night as a family and got to serve others at the same time.  Philip and I decorated our car in a broncos theme and our friends decorated theirs as Panthers.  We set up a grill and pretended to tailgate as we passed out candy.  Parker got to wear his Elmo costume.  There were other little kids that would come up to him and give him hugs because they thought he was the real deal :) So Cute!  We taught him to say "treat please" and then "thank you" after each piece of candy he received.  By the end of the night, he was a pro. 



We then had Halloween, and I just had to share this video of him trick or treating because a few times throughout the night, people gave him extra candy because he was so adorable.  

Throughout the night he would tell me and Philip "one more house".  By the next morning he knew very well what candy was, and that he wanted more.  In fact that is what he asked for the next morning for breakfast.  :)  With it being his birthday, I was tempted, but instead he settled for chocolate chip pancakes.  His birthday was packed with Yummy food, a fun playground, a nap and of course Chuck E Cheese for dinner.  He is still talking about the "puppets" and pizza from that night.  


We have been so blessed to be his parents, and I can't wait to see the big things that God is going to do in and through him.  Please pray for him as we enter into another big transition coming with a baby brother.  Also pray that we follow God and seek his will in the way we bring up our boys.  What a huge blessing yet responsibility that has been given to us!  We hope your Sunday has been one of rest.  We love and miss you. 

With Love, from Charlotte.

No comments:

Post a Comment