Sunday, December 15, 2013

Showers of Blessings


I know, I know... It's been a while since the last post. Sometimes it feels like there are not enough days in the week or hours in the day! Maybe it's just that everything is taking  me longer and longer to accomplish. As my body is stretching and growing, it just doesn't have the ability to move as quickly and swiftly as it used to. 


I do have to say these last couple of weeks of pregnancy have provided me with a good reminder that I need to slow down. I have to remind myself that it's ok if I don't say yes to every invitation, or bake every type of cookie on my Pinterest board. Especially because I might will be the one to eat them all! Its comforting to know that my biggest responsibility right now is to my family and keeping Camden happy and healthy.

One invitation that I knew I didn't want to turn down though was the one for my baby shower! A few friends of mine got together to plan and throw my shower. It was perfect. I got to spend the morning with women that I have grown to love and appreciate over the last few months. We talked, enjoyed some games, ate, laughed and prayed. They all laid their hands on my belly and prayed over me and Camden. It is so fun to be a part of a group of friends that take the time to do that. What a blessing!


These ladies showered us with diapers,wipes, clothes, lotions, shampoos and lots of other baby necessities. It's amazing how much stuff you use and need for such a tiny human being. I feel so blessed to have these women do something special like this for us.



Another event that Philip and I didn't want to miss was our prodigy Christmas party. We had a night where the other guys in the prodigy program and their spouses decided to have dinner together, and then have a small gift exchange afterwards. It was a night full of delicious Italian food, laughter and encouraging one another. Going through something like the prodigy program is one of those things that you can't fully understand unless you go through it also. It is such a blessing to know that we have been able to do that with this wonderful group of people.  They have helped make this experience one that we will look back on and never forget.















As this season of prodigy ends, and we gear up for the next season of 3 AM feedings and dirty diapers, I can't help but wonder if God has been using these last six months to help prepare us for what this next season holds in store. I can't tell you right now what that even looks like. But I do pray that God will use the many things we've learned and the friends we've made to continue to grow, shape and mold us into His image.

I pray that you will take a few minutes to look at the way that God may have showered you with blessings in this last season, and how he might use them in the next. Hey, maybe you could even take some advice from this very pregnant mama and waddle through these next couple weeks rather than run.  When you slow down and remove things that don't matter as much,  its easier to see where and how He's working!

With Love, From Charlotte

No comments:

Post a Comment