Tuesday, January 13, 2015

My Three Men

I can't even begin to tell you all the goings on of the last few months.  My deepest apologies to those of you that have been sitting on the edge of your seats waiting for an update... I am sure there are many of you ;) I want to devote this post to three of the most important boys in my life.  A few important things have happened in each of their lives since  I last posted, and I thought it fitting to update you with the details and some lovely pictures to go along with it!

Parker: 


My sweet boy who is growing all too fast turned three in November.  He wanted a cowboy birthday party, so I said giddy up!  We decked the house out in bandanas, rope, boots and spurs.  

We had about 50 people at the house. (including kids)  It was a packed place, but it was so fun to see all the love that was poured out on us and Parker.  He got more for his birthday than he needed, of course, but that gives me the opportunity to stow some away and slowly pull them out throughout the year. 


I made chili and hot dogs for everyone, and that seemed to be a big hit.  I also made cupcakes for the roundup... It was quite the day for dressing up, pinning the mustache on the cowboy, and lots of sugar!  

He continues to learn so much.  I am always amazed at the in depth conversations we have and the imagination he has. He has recently begun to memorize Bible verses for church.  He is definitely gifted in this area, and I can't wait to see how God will use that.


Camden: 



My sweet sensitive boy was dedicated this fall!  We had a really nice ceremony for him at church, where we were able to share a letter we wrote to Camden as if he were an 18 year old.   The idea behind that is to raise him with the end in mind.  What are the important things for him to learn and be at that point in life? How can we help him get there? 


It was such a good reminder as parents to step back and look at the bigger picture.  Many times I feel like I get caught up with the wiping of noses,  the late night feedings, and the time outs, and I lose sight of why I do what I do.  I have to remind myself that ultimately, what matters is that my boys love the Lord and seek His will.


Not only did we dedicate Camden, but on Christmas day he turned one year old!  I truly can't believe how fast time flies.  Our Pastor has said, "the days are long, but the years are short" Isn't that the truth?! Unfortunately, the little guy got sick on Christmas eve and was pretty miserable for the next week or so.  However, we were able to have a little celebration for him on New years day, and he even got to try his first piece of cake.  He did enjoy the sugar :)



And now for my Man, Philip:  



We have a special reason to celebrate him too!  In the last couple months Philip got a new position at church.  Up until this point, Philip has been an eGroups director at the Matthews location.  He has now been asked to not only do that, but also take the role as the associate campus pastor at Matthews.   Since he has started this, we have been learning what this role looks like for us a family and how we can be most effective in it.  He has done such an incredible job, learning his new role and jumping in right away.  I am so proud of him and all the hard work he puts in day in and day out.  I believe God will bless him for his commitment to his calling in ministry and at home!

There are so many things going on over here, and we are so grateful to be a part of them.  We hope you are doing well and had a wonderful Christmas and New year.  If you are looking for a good start to the year, and want to be more consistent with some of the things that you know God has called you to, take a listen to Pastor Steven from these last two weeks, in our series, The Power of Same.  He  also challenged us as a church to commit to creating some important habits this year.  If that is something you want to be a part of, go to beginagainchallenge.com and sign up.  It's going to be a great way to get started on the right foot this year!  We hope you are doing well and enjoying 2015 so far.

With Love, From Charlotte.

No comments:

Post a Comment