Sunday, February 15, 2015

It's Been One of Those Weeks...

Have you ever had one of those weeks that you are grateful when they are over, and that you never have to live it again?  I am sure we have all been there, sometimes it can be something huge and life changing, such as a diagnosis from a doctor that you didn't see coming. Other times it might be a death of a loved one or a car accident.  Then there are the times it's something not as huge, but still no fun. The weeks of rapid sickness in a home with littles, unexpected big expenses that creep in every now and then.  Either way, no matter what, there are going to be weeks like that.  This is life, and these obstacles are a part of it.  

We are coming off one of those kinds of weeks. I would put it in the second category of not so huge, but still no fun.  Last Friday I had the "opportunity" to have my wisdom teeth removed.  If you have had this done you are thinking about what your experience was like.  Many of you have horror stories to tell and are thinking about how you are so glad you don't have to live that week over again, right?  Even if you don't have a horror story you're glad it's in the past.  If you are one of the truly blessed folks that have never had to have it done, and never will... I say get down on those knees and thank The Good Lord that he spared you! Seriously. Right now, thank Him.

I was determined to not get an infection or dry socket. 

Side note: Philip got his out before we got married, and he thought it would be a good idea to eat pizza and wings the day after his procedure.  Four days later, when he was allowed to use the syringe to clean out his holes, he was in so much pain, and his poor mom had to help him clean out that terribly smelling food that was stuck in his mouth for days.  I did not ask for permission to tell you all about this, but this was when he was young and immature, you know before he wised up and got married ;)
Give the guy a break!  

All that to say, I was determined to not let that happen to me.  I ate soup. For Days.


Luckily, I like soup.  Not only that but we were blessed by many people with lots of different kinds of soup!  I didn't cook a single night last week because so many people were so thoughtful and brought dinner for the boys and me soup.  

This is a "later in the healing process" chunky soup!
Low and behold, we are over a week out without any infection or dry socket. I am eating a lot more solid food (very slowly) and I am healing well except for the fact that there is a hole between my nasal cavity and my upper left extraction.   That's right... they are connected as of now. It is supposed to close itself up, so we will see!  


The other thing that took us by surprise this week was the fact that our little Camden ended up getting tubes put in his ears. 
This sweet little guy has been battling chronic ear infections since his birthday in December.  We have seen the doctor several times, and knew it still wasn't clearing up. 


We saw the ENT on Wednesday morning, and scheduled the appointment for the surgery on Thursday morning.  It was tough decision for us to make in such a quick amount of time, but the procedure went so well and we have our precious little guy back!







He was such a trooper at the hospital, and within a few hours after he was back to normal and better than ever!

Seriously, that face...


So there you have it, our crazy week has come to a close and I can't think of a better way to end it than a great message at church this weekend from our Pastor's wife, Holly Furtick. (here's the link)  We are currently going through a series called Moodswingers. Emotions can often get a hold of me, and I let them take control of me at times.  Especially during weeks like the one we just had.  Today she talked about how we can work at being complex but not complicated people.  She talked about how we can work at being people that are strong and fortified in the Lord.  People that can handle what life will throw at us.  With this kind of perspective I know that I have a choice in weeks like this to be "calm in the midst of chaos" and seek Him for strength.  

If you are having that kind of day/week/month/year, take a few minutes and lean into the Holy Spirit. He can grant a peace that none of us can create on our own!  You are missed and loved!  

With Love, From Charlotte.

No comments:

Post a Comment