Tuesday, June 9, 2015

A Moment of Vulnerability

Some days I look at what I did that day and question if I did any thing of value.  Did I really accomplish something?  Did I impact this world in even the tiniest way at all today? Yes, my children were fed, dressed, played with, cleaned, fed, read to, pleaded with to take a nap, fed, cleaned.... the list goes on and on, but did I DO anything?  If you are a mom, or a person for that matter, I imagine you've had a few days where you looked back and wondered if you lived today to it's fullest.  I would guess that much of the time, we don't live every moment of every day to it's fullest potential.  

But I would also venture to guess, that especially on days like today.  Where I feel like I didn't really get much done, but I stayed the course in the calling of being a mom, that just maybe I did what needed to be done.  And rather than worry about the fact that I didn't make a mark on the world, maybe my persistence in caring for my sweet boys is the only mark I was supposed to make today.  

Really what it comes down to is a choice.  I can choose to live in my calling that often requires me to wash the same dishes over and over, clean the same messes 4 times a day,  teach my boys how share, and believe those actions are and will add value to their lives.  Or I can choose to see those things as the mundane tasks that I have to do every day, and hope this phase will pass soon enough.  

I don't want to live my days like that.  I choose to make a mark in this world by the husbands and daddies I raise.  I hope you can do the same.  Whether you are a mom, or you are just in a season that doesn't make much sense right now.  Live in your calling.  

I'd better go though, they are going to wake up soon, and I have to get dinner ready before that happens! 

With Love, From Charlotte

No comments:

Post a Comment