Sunday, April 12, 2015

A Month Of Celebration

Well, as usual we are up to a whole bunch over here.  We have been celebrating all sorts of things, from birthdays, to weddings, to the resurrection of Jesus Christ, to having family in town for a visit and life change through baptism.  I told ya! You're in for a treat, I'm going to give a quick recap of all we have been able to be a part of and enjoy in the last month or so!

A few weeks ago, I headed off with both boys in tow to Phoenix and San Diego for a few different reasons.  Philip  had been asked to preach at a camp for a week in Florida, and I decided it would be a good opportunity to make the trip to see my new nephew Judah Morrison.  I dropped the boys off in Arizona to spend some time with the grandparents, while headed off to San Diego,

It was so fun to be able to hang out with my niece and nephews, and I also got to hang out with some of my siblings!


Philip also talked to my sister, Sarah, before I got out there, and together they planned the whole day of my birthday to include coffee, pedis, sushi, naps, and family dinner. They know the way to my heart, notice most of the day consisted of me consuming something delicious.  As it should be ;)


I also had a friend from college getting married that weekend in Phoenix, so it was a great chance to meet up with all the girls (and Kendall) from school and be there for Kelsea and Victor's big day.  We got to catch up and reminisce about the good ole' days at Point Loma Nazarene.


We came home after not seeing Philip for a long 10 days and were grateful to be back together, but we hit the ground running!  That following weekend was Philip's birthday and Easter weekend!  We packed it full with Dunkin Donuts, Chik Fila, Easter egg hunts, and 5 Worship Experiences throughout the Easter weekend.



Whew!  Looking back at this crazy busy weekend, I realize how easy it is to get so caught up in what has to get done, instead of always seeing them as incredible things we get to be a part of.  That weekend, Philip got to baptize someone at every Worship Experience and we had over 1,900 people give their lives to Jesus church wide!

We followed Easter weekend up with a fun packed visit from my brother Zach and Sister-In-Law Carissa.  We love sharing life with our family, and we also don't mind sharing our boys with them either.


We enjoyed an evening out at Food Truck Friday.  It is an event in our city where 6-8 Food trucks all gather in one lot, and you get to choose what you want from where! It was such a beautiful evening to enjoy good company and food! The next day we decided to visit the Billy Graham Library.  We have been living here close to 2 years and have never been.  I'm kinda embarrassed to admit that.  I am sorry, please forgive me.


Needless to say, it did not disappoint and we will definitely be taking future visitors here.  So, let us know when you are coming, and we will set it up!

As I am sitting here writing this I am taking a few minutes while the boys nap to reflect on all the ways God blesses us.  We have experienced so much in just a few weeks and these last two days have been no different.  We had our Raised to Life Baptism weekend at church.  We got to set up and prepare for hundreds of people to publicly declare their faith in Jesus.  Not only that, but Philip got to dunk them. 

We had a huge party as person after person walked up to get baptized, and what I love about it even more is that the boys get to see this happening.  Of course they don't understand what is really going on as daddy puts people under water in the big bathtub, that they insist they should be allowed to go in.  But I truly believe that the foundation and the godly example that they get to witness and follow in their daddy each and every day, is one that will only help them to become more and more like Christ.  What are you able to celebrate today?  What has God blessed you with?

We pray that you will be able to find the little things to celebrate along with the big. Happy Sunday! 

With Love From Charlotte


No comments:

Post a Comment